introduction

Welcome

This blog is my personal content. The views I express here are mine alone and not those of my employer.

I've blogged on and off since the late-1990's.  I've hosted my own blog on the now defunct twise.com, used Blogger, Tweeted, Google+'ed, and used Facebook as my primary forms of blogging over the years. This site is a repository of my information.


Past

I was born at a young age, in a hospital located in a small town. I remember a lot of bright lights and screaming (mostly me).


I attended public primary and secondary schools. I studied Political Science at San Jose State University. I attended law school at Santa Clara University School of Law. After law school I wrote a website to help law students prepare for the bar exam called the California Bar Exam Primer.

I spent nine years specializing in international corporate tax at PricewaterhouseCoopers and KPMG.

Present


I am an attorney specializing in international corporate taxation. I work as International Tax Counsel for Google Inc., in Mountain View, California. I live in San Jose, in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am gay. It is an integral part of who I am.  I am a photographer. My photography is featured on my Flickr site.


My interests include health and fitnessminimalism/GTD, technology, freshwater aquariumsphotography, and traveling. I drive a Chevy Volt.

Longform Writings


General Interests
  • Health and fitness: Swimming, gym/weights (5x5), skiing, snowblading, hiking, camping, coffee, green tea, P90X
  • Minimalism: GTDinbox zero, efficiency, clean space, cloud computing
  • Technology
  • Photography
  • Traveling: Recent trips to: Australia, Mexico, Taiwan, New York City, Utah, Pinnacles National Monument, Mammoth Mountain, Ohio, San Diego, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Peru
  • Audiobooks and podcasts
Politics
  • I am a registered Democrat, but my views are mostly libertarian (socially liberal, fiscally conservative)
  • LGBT rights are particularly important to me
Religion
  • I am an atheist
  • I believe in science
  • My DNA haplogroup is H / R1b1b2a1a1
  • My personality is, at least sometimes, ESFJ
Stuff
Music
  • Pop
  • Dance
  • Remixes
  • Hip hop
  • Classical
  • Opera
Television
  • Drama: Downton Abbey, Mad Men, 24, Desperate Housewives, Downton Abbey, Lie to Me, Masterpiece Theatre, West Wing, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Twilight Zone
  • Reality: Amazing Race
  • Comedy: Modern Family, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Saturday Night Live
  • News: This Week With [current host], Frontline
  • Learning: This Old House, American Experience, American Masters, Nova
Movies
  • Comedies
  • Independents
  • Documentaries
  • Dramas
  • (not horrors)
Books
  • Audiobooks
  • Biographies
  • History
  • Legal thrillers
Podcasts


Legal

The contents of this site, including all blog posts, are copyrighted by Travis Wise.  Although some postings pertain to legal topics or are made by a lawyer, nothing on the site should be construed as legal advice.  Neither postings nor conversations on the site are protected under attorney-client privilege nor create an attorney-client relationship.

Updated October 25, 2015.  I can be contacted by email at twisesq@gmail.com.

Popular posts from this blog

power elite vs pluralist explanation models

california bar exam primer

big 4 vs. law firm comparison from an industry perspective