aquarium diy co2 system

I made a DIY (do it yourself) CO2 system for my 50 gallon freshwater fish tank.  I was inspired by this Amazon.com review.

I bought the following from Amazon:
  • 32oz Nalgee bottle
  • Yeast (1lb)
  • Tubing
  • Tubing connectors
  • Diffuser
  • Bubble counter
  • Tubing air trap
I also had sugar at home.

I drilled a small hole in the top of the Naglee bottle, inserted a tubing connector, and superglued it into place. I connected 3" of tubing on the inside half of the connector, and 3" to the exterior half of the connector.  I attached the tubing air trap to that piece of tubing.  I ran a several-foot segment of tubing to the bubble counter, and another few feet of tubing to the diffuser, which I put in the tank under the filtration intake tube.

I mixed a teaspoon of yeast with a quarter-cup of sugar and some warm water (about 1/3 of the Nalgee bottle) in the Nalgee bottle, swirled it around, and within 15 minutes CO2 was coming out of the diffuser.

Popular posts from this blog

power elite vs pluralist explanation models

big 4 vs. law firm comparison from an industry perspective

california bar exam primer