- Treat other people well.
- A college degree is mandatory, a graduate degree is highly encouraged. The degree should preferably be in a field of study that will result in employability.
- Very few people get rich quick. Save as much as possible.
- Invest savings in no-load index funds or ETF's. Initially, 60% in an S&P 500 index fund and 40% in a broad international stock market fund is good diversification.
- Debt is okay for education and a primary residence, as long as the monthly payment is manageable. Get the lowest interest rate possible.
- Let go of things: Resentment, and physical things. Less baggage makes it easier to travel.