fixing a mac's "scrolling while zooming" madness

I switched to a MacBook Air earlier this week. The transition was smooth, except for one thing. In Chrome, I shift between tabs a lot, using "control-tab".  I also scroll a lot using either the trackpad, or a wheel on my trackball.  Unfortunately on a Mac, holding down "control" while scrolling on a trackball or trackpad activates "zoom while scrolling".

All of this resulted in a maddening effect of constantly zooming in and out of webpages unintentionally.  And I could not figure out how to turn it off.  Until this:


I had to disable the "inertia" scrolling under Accessibility settings.  Now, when I stop scrolling and press "control-tab", the I don't get unintentional zooming.

Posting this for future reference.

Popular posts from this blog

power elite vs pluralist explanation models

big 4 vs. law firm comparison from an industry perspective

california bar exam primer