soft skills trainings
Attending an all-day soft skills training about managing one's energy. My stream of consciousness thoughts:
- "Bridging the knowing-doing gap" sounds important. Maybe I should implement that.
- I really dislike shaking hands. Too many people don't wash their hands in the restroom. I don't want to touch them.
- Sitting all day in a training, after working at a standing desk, feels so unhealthy.
- The premise is faulty. Why are our lives so stressful? Instead of trying to increase capacity to deal with stress, how about decreasing the stress? GTD, minimalism, elimination.
- Why is our life either a marathon or a sprint? Why not aim for a hike in the forest?
- If I was a woman, I would not wear make-up.
- Group soft skills trainings are great opportunities to calibrate bullshit detectors.