An Open Letter to the Car In Back of Me

If we are driving on a multilane road or highway, I am in the far right lane, driving the speed limit. If we are driving on a single lane road, I am driving the speed limit. I can tell you want to go faster than the speed limit, because you are flashing your lights and honking at me. A few pointers to think about during your frustration:

1. I have had enough speeding tickets to know that the speed limit is the right speed for me to drive. The police have told this to me, many times. If you have an issue with the speed limit, take it up with the city, not with me. Or, find a route with a higher speed limit. I did not set the speed limit.

2. I got on this road before you did, so you are stuck behind me until you can pass. If you do not want to be behind me, try getting out of bed earlier in the morning.

3. If there is a car in front of me, as often there is, I cannot go faster than the speed of that car.

4. I do not care about you. I am happy with the speed I am going. It is the speed limit, and I am always in the rightmost lane. Your frustration with your predicament in back of me is none of my concern.

Hopefully these pointers give you some things to think about instead of being frustrated. Also: Try listening to podcasts or audiobooks during your drive. You might find them relaxing.

Drive safely!
Travis

Popular posts from this blog

power elite vs pluralist explanation models

california bar exam primer

big 4 vs. law firm comparison from an industry perspective