As I got close to my goal weight using WW, I implemented intermittent fasting into my routine, primarily to get my blood sugar lowered as I have insulin resistance. My fasting windows were between 16 hours and 24 hours. I then stopped using intermittent fasting, but I am considering what role, if any, it could play in addressing binge eating disorder.
- Provides a mechanism to force myself to avoid eating because I'm focused on a goal or rule of fasting
- Develop impulse control
- Give digestive system a rest between digestion cycles
- Normalize blood sugar levels and avoid insulin swings that lead to cravings
- May lead to binge eating during the "feast" window
- Water, tea, and coffee (black) are encouraged
- Non-fat broth is permitted
- No other food or drink is permitted
As I develop my Food Plan, I integrated intermittent fasting (16:8) into my plan as an "Always" rule, a minimum of one day a week.
|Lifeomic "Life" Intermittent Fasting App|