At some point in my searching the internet for solutions to my problem I came across the Physiqonomics website. I read a few of Aadam's articles, and soon realized I needed to read all of his articles, like a book. So I opened each one in a web browser window, and started reading. Key take-aways that were helpful for me:
- Intermittent Fasting - 16:8; helps develop impulse control.
- Keep calm and carry on.
- Break negative feedback loop cycles (i.e., binge-fast-binge) with disruption. Stop the loop.
- Prevention: Pre-tracking food in a log, building healthy routines and habits.
- Be strategic in eating, even on spike (high calorie) days.
- Strength training: Focus on compound moves - Bench, squat, deadlift.